Slider

The Reading Habits Tag

19 July 2014



Hi y'all! So I recently got tagged by the lovely Holly, Quills and Ivy. So here I am listening to The 1975 doing this tag. And while i'm here talking about being tagged, i'm going to tag people. I tag Erin at Serenity Books  Jayne at Fiction The New Reality  Krystianna at Downright Dystopian. So without further ado, here are my reading habits :)





1.Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
My room for the most part, but every once in a while when I want to feel more active i'll read outside. 
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Neither. I like to bookmark my favorite lines or scenes as I read with random scraps of paper, so book marking doesn't really help. I usually just remember the page number
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
I can usually just stop reading. I don't like telling myself how much i have to read because then it just feels like homework, and pretty much sucks the fun out of it. If i'm really invested in a book then i probably won't put it down unless I absolutely have to. Another fun fact is  that if there's a particularly suspenseful or frustrating or a combination of the two i have to stop reading do something else because my fangirl emotions need a break. 
4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
 NEVER. I Actually i usually forget to eat or drink or really do anything if i'm REALLY into a book. Chances are i won't leave my room at all. Plus i hate getting greasy finger prints on my books, and being the klutz I am I would be waaayyy to scared I would drop stuff on my books.
5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?
Somtimes music. You ever find a song(s) that goes perfectly with a book? Sometimes I do and it'll just play in the background. I like doing that for no other reason than I like combing my two favorite things, books and music. Plus i feel like if the music captures the book, it just heightens all the emotions. I won't watch T.V because I either get to invested in the book and ignore the T.V or get to invested in the show i'm watching and forget about my book. 
6. One book at a time or several at once?
One book at a time. I like dedicating myself to one book at a time because it allows me to appreciate it more. If i'm reading more than one I find myself comparing all the books to one another and I don't really enjoy what i'm reading. 
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
If possible, home, on my bed . But honestly i can read pretty much everywhere. A park bench, a store, in the car, at lunch, school, coffee shops (love this), upholstery stores (i've actually done this). 
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?I 
In my head. Unless its a text book in which case i like reading that in my head sometimes and other times out loud in a British accent
9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
I have skipped pages before, but I don't do it often. I usually do it if there's like pages long descriptions of things i don't feel are necessary. 
Ex) New Moon. I skipped a lot of pages because a lot of the pages and chapters where simply "I miss Edward" and i didn't need more than one page to understand that Bella missed Edward
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I don't like breaking the spine, but I kinda like having my books a little worn because you can tell they've been read. 
11. Do you write in your books?
No, but I sometimes write on random pieces of paper when I bookmark my favorite quotes. 
12. What are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn't Fly by Stephen Graham Jones.
Imma start reading Broken by Tanille Edwards.

Also check out my interview with the lovely Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian: My Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan