Slider

Dream Jobs Then and Now: Blogtober

01 October 2014

It's October. The beginning of warm sweaters, cold days, and pumpkin spiced latte's. I love fall. Actually I just love the colder seasons. Something about the chilly air and wearing chunky knits just makes me happy :) So I found about Blogtober yesterday and after some prompting by Thea Woods I decided why not? Why not post everyday? I'm so psyched! I'm not doing the all the challenges because I still want to keep doing book related posts, but I think doing the challenges will be good for me and this blog. So yeah, Blogtober people! It's here! I'm pumped! Are You? 

What I Wanted to Be When I was Younger

Children have fun fantasies of being superheroes, princesses, princes, ballerinas, firefighters etc. That wasn't me. I was never dreaming of one day being queen or getting a crown like some little girls dream of. No, I was a practical even as a kid. I wanted to be veterinarian.

 I grew up watching a lot of animal planet. I watched The Crocodile Hunter, Most Extreme, The Jeff Corwin Experience, Animal Miracles and lastly Emergency Vets. I would watch animal planet almost every day. In fact I watched Emergency Vets almost every day before going to school So my little brain, at the time, thought that being a vet would be a good fit for me. And for the longest time it made sense, until I realized I couldn't handle poking and prodding animals or telling people that their pet died. So at the tender age of 9 I had to find a new career.

I've been dancing since I was four. I'm 16, you do the math. When I started middle school I decided I wanted to be a dancer. Which isn't practical, but it was what I thought I wanted at the time.

Goodness was I delirious about that. I mean I'm an okay dancer, and I do it because it's fun. But I'm not talented enough to go pro. I remember telling my family this and the shock on their face was all I needed to tell me that maybe this wouldn't be the best career choice for me. 

What I Want to Be Now

I had this English teacher in middle school who made me really love writing. She encouraged creative writing in the class and I just loved it. She was writing a book and she would tell us about it every once in a while. This sparked an idea in my head. After she made me her student of the month I started to write my first book, which I never finished because, well, let's just say the world doesn't need to see some things. But I'm writing a new novel along with some short stories. 

I'm passionate about writing. I just love writing. Its a great outlet and I love pouring pieces of me into the characters or the things they say. I love creating worlds and people and being able to just play pretend. I have a theory that writers never grow up. I hope that's true, because I never want to loose my inner five year old, or my inner teenager.

Stephen Chbosky said, when I went to a panel he was on, that if we're writing, then we're writers. So I'm a writer. I want to be published. I want to walk into Barnes and Noble and see my book on the shelf. Thats my dream. Thats my dream career

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan