Slider

Book Talk: Liar by Justine Larbalestier

08 February 2015

Release Date: September 29,2009
Book: Liar
Author: Justine Larbalestier
Number of Pages: 376
Source: Library :)
The Basics: Micah will freely admit that she’s a compulsive liar, but that may be the one honest thing she’ll ever tell you. Over the years she’s duped her classmates, her teachers, and even her parents, and she’s always managed to stay one step ahead of her lies. That is, until her boyfriend dies under brutal circumstances and her dishonesty begins to catch up with her. But is it possible to tell the truth when lying comes as naturally as breathing? Taking readers deep into the psyche of a young woman who will say just about anything to convince them—and herself—that she’s finally come clean, Liar is a bone-chilling thriller that will have readers see-sawing between truths and lies right up to the end. Honestly.

Add it on Goodreads

My Musings:

I actually was recommended this book and one day when I was strolling down the aisles at the library I picked it up. My friend was fangirling over the book after she finished it, I was a little weary of the hype she was building around it, but honestly this is such a fangirl worthy book!

I loved the writing style. I loved being reading about Micah and her story. The descriptions were pretty good, the author did an amazing job at making everything come alive. From the characters to the lies.

The plot is amazing, There are turns and spins and the whole time you are just wondering if she's telling the truth. I love reading unreliable narrators, they make things ten times more interesting. Micah in one of the most unreliable narrators ever, which just adds to everything. The story line is well constructed and everything seems to make sense even after you've been blindsided. Like when she tells you why she's a impulsive liar. Or when she gives you the golden little truth nuggets after lying to you for a full chapter. I love not knowing what the real truth was, if Micah was being honest or just weaving an elaborate tale. But once you get to the end, and everything is revealed all her lies make sense. Because for a secret that big, you need an army of lies to protect it. Or is that a lie too?

The character's are rich and well developed. I love Micah's sarcasm and the way she thinks. I literally laughed out loud a lot while reading it. But there were also a lot of worry eyebrow faces and gasps and shocking things that made me both want to give her a hug and punch her. Though i'm pretty sure if we got in a fight I would lose. She loves running, biology, and her boyfriend Zach. I hate running so I respect her running skills, Bio is okay, Zach...well.. Micah finds herself being blamed for Zach's death and people at her school start saying some vile things about her. Even though technically she was never his actual girlfriend. Which kinda made me want to punch Zach because that's such an asshole thing to do. Anyways, this book was amazing! Character development was on point.

Romance wise there isn't really anything to talk about. But as I said before not the biggest fan of Zach but I don't hate the guy. I love Micah and I just want her to be happy. She's been through a lot, had to cover a lot of that up, and still pretend everything was fine even after she discovers/tells us the truth.

This is a MUST READ. It's amazing and I definitely believe that this is a book that everyone should give a shot. Murder, deception, suspense, this all makes this book even crazier and even better.

Coffee for this Book: Americano. You're gonna wanna stay up and finish this book. I promise you a nice big cup of Americano will help you stay up and see the truth and maybe even the crack of dawn.

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan