Slider

Thank You Glee

20 March 2015



My older, wiser, and only slightly cooler sister loved this show when it started. Naturally as the younger sibling I was curious and checked this show. It wasn't love at first sight I must admit. I wasn't a huge fan at first but then somehow I ended up part of this crazy, amazing fandom.

It's a show, essentially, celebrating being different, weird, not part of your average clique. As an 11 year old girl who was part of band, ballet, and read books for fun, well you can see how this ended up appealing to me. It's been a crazy journey but I feel like i've kind of grown up with these kids. It's been a heartbreaking journey filled with laughter, inside jokes, fangirling episodes, and moments yelling at the T.V. It's been awesome.

Not going to lie, this show has had it's problems. One of the reasons I love this show is because it ventured into the parts of life that most people would rather not talk about. It deals with issues in the world, in our lives. But they haven't always been able to pull it off and end up misrepresenting it. (Marley and eating disorder that lasted 3 episodes, Unique and that catfish storyline was just terrible, the girls on the show never being able to be single and strong(they always either have a boyfriend/relationship or want one)) Yet they still have brought issues to light. We are all people. We might love different people, we might identify different ways, but that doesn't make us any less of a person. We need to accept each other for what we are and what we aren't. We need to remember we are all just people trying to find some glimmer of happiness in this world. Seasons 4 and 5 weren't that good but this season, oh it's been amazing. It's brought it back to what I know and love. This season has been for the fans, every episode every song, it's been for us and the world that that loves glee and it's gleeks.

I went to Paleyfest last week and saw the first half of the last episode. Not going to lie, I cried. Pretty sure some of us audience members were even full on sobbing.  There's this moment, at the end of the first half were Finn shows up in the original clip of Don't Stop Believing. And that was it. I just lost it. I'm excited for the last bit. I know it's going to be amazing That's whats amazing about a T.V show, they can make you care so much about characters and you feel like you could be friends with them.

I'm so proud of all the character. They've all come so far. The deserve to be happy after everything they've been through. They are amazing and I love them. The road hasn't been easy but I've gone down it with them and they've become such great people. I'm so proud of all of them, Rachel, Kurt, Blaine, Quinn, Sam, Mercedes, Brittney, Santana, Becky, Sue, all of them.

Despite all the ups and downs this show has had it's still a show about the "losers", "nerds", "outcasts" and celebrates them. I think what this show has done is amazing! I love how it deals with so many things, from teen pregnancy, not getting into the college you want, loss,being  transgender, or being gay or lesbian or bi. Glee is about being "losers", glee is about shipping Klaine and Britanna, Glee is singing along to your favorite covers, Glee is rooting for the New Directions, Glee is about accepting ourselves, reaching for the stars, and making your way in the world. It's really an awesome message. So here's to you Glee, thanks for 6 seasons of awesomeness, fnagirling, tears, laughter, and most of all the push to learn to accept ourselves and let the world see us the way we are, flaws and all.

It's hard saying goodbye. I'm going to miss seeing Rachel and Kurt and Blaine and everyone one T.V singing with them, rooting for them, dancing with them, crying and laughing and every emotions in between. Glee club is about disregarding the things people label us as and accepting ourselves as we are. Needless to say I'm going to be revisiting this show on Netflix a lot. I love you Glee and Thank You for the countless lessons, advice, and courage to help me accept myself. Goodbye Glee.






No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan