Slider

Lets Talk About Health

01 August 2015


I have this habit of wanting to take care of others and forgetting to take care of myself. I forget that I need people to listen to me vent about life, I forget that I need to make sure I eat well. I forget that I need to be active. I forget that my health is my own hands. It's up to me to make sure i'm okay and take care of myself. There are plenty of ways you can empower yourself to take charge of your life and body and it starts with you making sure that you're taking care of yourself.

That being said I want to say Happy National Girlfriend Day!!!




I decided to write up a post in celebration of today of ways to take care of your body and mind so that you can do you and be happy. It's important to remember that our health is in our health and it's vital that we make time to have check ups, go to the doctor. I am in charge of my body and what goes into it, what happens to it, and how I use it. I want to empower you to remember that your body is yours and you gotta take care of yourself because you matter! This world is bonkers and cray, things are bound to get hard but don't forget to make yourself and your health a priority! So as women in a crazy world lets stand together and take care of our bodies, minds, and work towards be happy! Now without further ado here are a few health stuff I thought I would share today.


  • Eating healthy isn't about restricting your diet or limiting yourself. It's about eating things that are good for you and even some things that aren't so good for you. It's about finding a balance. Here are some recipes i've been LOVING lately!
    • Take some time and make yourself a pizza! You can add all the veggies yourself and make sure the sauce, cheese, and bread is natural, organic or whatever you like. I like these recipes: Veggie Grilled Pizza , Pan Pizza
    • Smoothies are a great way to incorporate fruit into your diet and maybe even sneak in some veggies. I usually use plain yogurt, some orange juice, and the fruit of my choice to make my smoothies. But here are a couple that seem delish! Blackberry Green Smoothie, Peach Pie Smoothie
  • The next little tidbit is exercise. Now I'm pretty bad at actually being an active person but I try and I think we should all give it a go. There's no need to go all crazy and become a fitness guru when it's not your thing.
    • What's important is that you find small moments to be active. So go walk your dog. Take a stroll at the park and bring some books to read! Maybe play with some younger family members.
    • If you, like me, find it hard to get motivated, get together with some friends and take a Zumba class, or try some yoga, or just hit the gym. And if taking classes is too much, youtube is a pretty great resource! I like X HIT and Yoga With Adriene 
  • Okay my last tip, life advice for today, is to make sure to take care of your mind too. Practice self care. Take time to just destress, whether that means watching some T.V or reading a book. Take time to relax and not worry about life for a few moments. 
    • You can try some mediations or deep breathing exercises to help calm you down and relax you. These are great if you suffer from anxiety or panic attacks: Guided Meditations
Okay so here a few more resources you might want to check out from Oscar, health insurance company. They actually created this infographic which is pretty cool if I do say so myself( if I do say so myself, if I do say so myself). They provide health insurance in New York and New Jersey. They help encourage an empower people to take care of themselves and encourage them to be proactive about their health. 

Stay Gold, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan