Slider

Motivational Monday #8

03 August 2015


"It would be a terrible mistake to go through life thinking that people are the sum total of what you see"- Jonathan Tropper, This Is Where I Leave You. I finished this movie about an hour ago and by the time this goes up even longer. But I can't seem to get it out of my head. This movie is littered with life lessons and little tidbits that show the gory parts of life. I love movies and books that can make me feel things. This is one of those movies, so if you haven't seen this film yet, you should!!!

I love this quote so much. Throughout the movie there are different pieces of each character you didn't expect to see. It's nice to see that people are more than what they put off. People always talk about not judging a book by it's cover, and this quote is the reason why. The parts of people you see aren't always whats real. Take the internet version of what you see. People can come across happy, good, shallow, vain. But meeting them in person you can tell they are more than the pixels that made up their selfie. Or maybe it's just meeting someone at a glance. People are all in different stages of their life on their own journeys. Chances are you might meet someone whose going through a rough patch. I'm not saying that anyone's story justifies being a jerk, but I think it;s important to remember that maybe, just maybe there's something more to that person than just being a jerk.

People are so much more complex than people like to think. There are the simplicities of life, but people tend to make even those complicated. And there's nothing wrong with complicated, it's just complicated and messy, but that's life. In the film the main character is struggling to move past his need to plan and have the perfect life.He begins to see there are more to people than what he initially thought. He see's new sides to his family members and accepts those darker or just newer parts of them What you see isn't everything a person is. It's a glimpse into their life, not who they are. I think it's important to keep in mind that people are complicated and have different sides to them and just because we see one part doesn't mean we know everything about that person.

Here's my instagram if you wanna follow me for more pics and quotes :)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan